The Indiana Department of Natural Resources is currently seeking a Seasonal State Worker for the Division of Water. This position serves as an assistant to senior level engineers working in the field of water resources, hydrology, and hydraulics as related to Indiana’s streams and lakes.
The main job duties for this position are to compile, produce and deliver GIS mapping data for a number of mapping applications maintained by the Division of Water including the Indiana Floodplain Mapping Information Portal, the Indiana Historic Flood Information Portal, and the Division’s Unity database.
This position also assists the Division of Engineering staff in compiling GIS data for submittal to FEMA as part of the Cooperating Technical Partner Program.
- Current enrollment in an accredited university, either pursuing or possessing a degree in Geographic Information Systems.
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Thoroughness and accuracy in work
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and ESRI GIS software
- Experience with GIS data creation and manipulation
This job is perfect for a current GIS student who’s looking to pick up 15-20 hours a week while in school.
To view full job posting click HERE.