DeKalb County Government Seeks GIS Tech: Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding position, which relates to all areas of land development/geographic information systems in DeKalb County?
You will (at a minimum):
- Perform basic GIS operations including creating/editing geographic datasets and integrating other digital files into GIS.
- Make relevant mathematical calculations.
- Operate variety of standard office equipment, projector, plotter, digital camera and computer systems, while entering information and maintaining records.
- Perform research and analysis of geographic and tabular data from public and private sources for integration into County GIS
- Other duties as required by Director/Zoning Administrator or Assistant Director/GIS Administrator.
- Associates degree in geography, engineering, planning or GIS or currently enrolled in a degree program; or GISP Certificate
- Working knowledge of County land areas and applicable state and local codes/terminology
- Working knowledge of GIS hardware/software/components and ability to apply to interrelated tasks
- Valid Driver’s License
What can you expect when you work for DeKalb County Government?
- Competitive pay
- Benefit package – medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Generous Holidays/Vacation/Sick Days
- Direct deposit
Interested applicants should apply by e-mailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “GIS Tech” no later than February 10.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.