IAA – Job Opening for GIS IT-Summer Internship

GENERAL SUMMARY

The IAA offers a Summer Internship program that is designed to stimulate the students’ interest in the aviation industry and provide a structured program to align personal educational interests to better prepare them for the aviation leader of the future. Should your concentration for school be a potential fit with the participating departments below, please CLICK HERE to apply online.

The GIS intern helps maintain & improve various indoor, outdoor and underground base mapping GIS/CAD datasets. Work is generally focused on details oriented project tasks pertaining to all aspects of location information used at the airport. College student studying a technical discipline from an accredited college or university towards an Associate or Bachelors degree. An educational knowledge, interest or skills in CAD/GIS, Survey & Mapping, Engineering, Geography or related field.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

  • Ability to complete the internship; Duration: 12 weeks (May 21, 2018-August 10, 2018)
  • Must be at least 18 years of age,
  • Must be eligible to work in the United States,
  • Must have completed at least one year at a college or university or in a Master’s program,
  • Will submit a 2 page essay describing not only interest in the opportunity, but also highlighting strengths. The deadline for consideration will be April 13, 2018.
  • Submit an evaluation at 12 weeks. Also, provide a final presentation at the end of the 12 week program of projects you were tasked & what you learned.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, sit, use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, balance, stop, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25+ pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by the position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver’s license. Use of a computer and other personal assistance devices (tablets or mobile phone) are a must for this position.

WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work environment: This position is performed within an office environment at least 80% of the time. The other 20% the employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. With multiple worksites the noise level varies from the office environment and the outside environment. The incumbent in this position is expected to work independently and as part of the team.

Speak Your Mind

*

*