To create and advance the statewide network of GIS professionals dedicated to enhancing and sharing geospatial applications, technologies and knowledge among the GIS community and in preparation for recovery from a public saftey need, emergency, or disaster.
- Encourage information and knowledge sharing among the GIS community.
- Provide learning opportunities to enhance community planning capabilities.
- Advance data sharing for assistance in broad spectrum public saftey needs.
- Share information on advancements in GIS applications across public saftey, for new and existing programs.
- Support geospatial collaborations and data sharing within and between stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate best practice training opportunities for GIS professionals to support public saftey/preparedness.
- Develop a shareable contact list for GIS professionals across Indiana, representing State, County and Local jurisdictions.