To educate those that use and benefit from GIS in Indiana (including the public and decision-makers) regarding the use and benefits of geographic information through the development and delivery of educational content.
- Identify and prioritize educational objectives of IGIC and Coalition of Universities for Spatial Information Sciences (CUSIS), including enabling regional GIS users’ groups and coordinating with other GIS educational groups.
- Develop a “GIS in Indiana” publication for a general audience that describes the IndianaMap and real-world GIS success stories from Indiana communities and organizations.
- In partnership with other organizations, offer monthly educational events and periodic regional road shows.
- Develop and distribute at least five IndianaMap presentations (presenter kits) based on IGIC’s driving issues.
- Develop a set of policy-maker information packets: marketing materials highlighting successful projects around the state, promoting understanding of GIS use and benefits.
To identify and implement the educational objectives of the Indiana Geographic Information Council. Outreach activities includes working closely with partners and organizations like the GIO, GENI, ISPLS, Indiana’s State Universities, and regional GIS user’s groups to help develop and coordinate GIS educational opportunities for Indiana.
The Education Committee, in collaboration with the Conference Committee, is primarily responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of educational events in support of the IGIC strategic mission. The committee meets monthly for the purpose of coordinating ongoing activities and planning new events that support its mission. This standing IGIC committee has been responsible for offering dozens of workshops, presentations, and other educational events that have benefited hundreds of GIS practitioners across the State of Indiana.
Most Recent Blog Posts:
- IGIC Webinar - Exploring Indiana’s Local-Resolution Hydrography Data
- IndianaMap It’s All About Location - BizVoice Magazine
- Esri GeoDev Meetup - Monday, May 9, 2016 Indianapolis, IN
- April 2016 Roadshow Announcement - 2016-2018 Indiana Statewide Orthoimagery Program
- Indiana BioBlitz 2016 - a Webinar for Professional Development
- Seiler Instrument - What's New MGIS Spring Showcase for 2016
- 2016 Purdue Road School - Using Indiana LiDAR Data and Future Uses of Orthoimagery
- IGIC Webinar - Indiana Historic Land Records Pilot Project
- Google Earth Pro and ArcGIS Revolution - 6-part online workshop series
- IGIC Webinar - Remote Sensing 101 (Is it Magic?)