To develop plans, standards, and technical implementation guidance for the IndianaMap Elevation framework data layers.
- Develop elevation data standards that identify elevation data accuracy, data formats and derivative data products.
- Develop and maintain a statewide elevation data plan that include the following:
- Inventory of existing data
- Stakeholder requirements
- Data stewards
- Data funding model
- Data transfer mechanisms
- Data update frequency
- Data applications
- The Elevation Workgroup serves in an advisory role for future Statewide Orthophotography-LiDAR Programs.
- The Workgroup meets on a regular basis to provide a forum to discuss elevation issues of importance to IGIC, and to provide education opportunities on the latest uses of Indiana’s elevation data.
Elevation Data Standards
The workgroup provides a catalog of elevation data standards. With the rapid growth of Ifsar, Lidar, Auto Correlation and other remote sensing technologies to rapidly collect accurate elevation data, tracking both the historical and emerging elevation standards is important. Elevation standards and guidelines are available from:
- ASPRS: http://www.asprs.org/a/society/committees/standards/Horizontal_Accuracy_Reporting_for_Lidar_Data.pdf
- FEMA Lidar Specification for Flood Hazard Mappng http://www.fema.gov/national-flood-insurance-program-flood-hazard-mapping/light-detection-ranging-specifications-flood
- USGS Lidar Base Specification Version1.1: http://pubs.usgs.gov/tm/11b4/
- USGS 3DEP Plan: http://pubs.usgs.gov/circ/1399/
Most Recent Blog Posts:
[catlist id=21 numberposts=10]