The Waters Workgroup’s mission is to develop plans, standards, and technical implementation guidance for the IndianaMap waters framework data layers. At the workgroup’s recommendation, IGIC has adopted the National Hydrography Dataset for Indiana as the waters framework data.
- Develop data standards and identify appropriate standards-based data schema.
- Develop plans that include the following: Refine and maintain plans as necessary.
- Inventory of existing data
- Stakeholder data requirements
- Data stewards
- Work flow
- Data transfer mechanisms (with support of Data Integration Workgroup)
- Update frequency
- Maintenance frequency
- Refine and maintain plans as necessary.
- Develop metrics and review status of framework data implementation as input to IGIC’s biennial Data Integration Plan delivered to the State Geographic Information Officer.
Activities are updated on the Waters Workgroup Blog posts. The most recent are listed below.