What We Do
IGIC coordinates geographic information resources in Indiana – we take the lead in getting people and organizations working with each other toward common goals.
IGIC provides education, policy guidance, and technology resources to hundreds of individuals and organizations throughout Indiana.
Coordination of Indiana GIS through dissemination of data and data products, education and outreach, adoption of standards, building partnerships and the IndianaMap.
- Leading major data and research initiatives like the IndianaMap
- Coordinating the annual Indiana GIS conference
- Directing activities for data sharing and standards development
- Providing outreach through seminars, workshops and publications
- Managing local and statewide programs like the 2005 Orthophotography Project
- Providing access to data, information and tools