The Indiana State Department of Health is currently seeking a Spatial Data Analyst. The GeoSpatial Data Analyst investigates agency health data resources to identify patterns and relationships through statistical measurements and geo-visualizations. The analyst develops and applies methodologies and mathematical models to derive statistics, maps and other diagrams to assist all program areas in data-driven decisions. The analyst also assists in necessary data collection, integration and maintenance in order utilize data within a geographic information system platform. A robust geo-analytical capacity is critical to the agency’s mission as it identifies health-related indicators at a granular community level. The analyst works with program directors, agency staff and local health departments to ensure analysis results are explained and utilized appropriately.
- Provide geostatistical analysis, measurements or reports for all health programs.
- Develop and apply appropriate geostatistical models and methodology.
- Create and maintain visualizations of data and statistical results.
- Create and maintain accurate geospatial datasets.
- Utilize appropriate geographic information system software and other statistical packages.
- Assist Local Health Departments in developing and utilizing geospatial products and methods.
- Other duties as assigned
Join the Indiana State Department of Health GIS Team! Apply at CAREERS and use Advanced Search to find Job ID 607821.