Essentially this position is a ‘team leader’ in the road inventory group and will utilize ESRI 10.2 extensively to track the local and state route system, answer queries, and create maps.
This position is in the Road Inventory department of Asset Management. This position works to continuously improve the efficiency, quality and extent of data collection and reporting and turn findings into reports mandated by State and Federal Highway agencies. This position will also be responsible for managing the inventory and scheduling the workflow of the department and to develop and update the policy and procedure manual.
- Five (5) years full-time professional work experience in planning and conducting research studies using operational, mathematical, analytical and/or statistical research techniques and preparing reports, records and/or technical evaluations related to research conducted. Substitutions: Accredited college training may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis with a maximum substitution of four (4) years. Accredited graduate training may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis with a maximum substitution of one (1) year. An accumulation of fifteen (15) semester hours in business operations research, engineering, business, mathematics, statistics, computer or management science, or related area is required.
- Bachelors Degree in information technology, business administration, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Geographic Information Systems(GIS) and concepts;
- Advanced knowledge of spatial analysis, transportation networks, and linear referencing with GIS:
- Experience creating databases and queries in Microsoft Access;
- Advanced knowledge of agency policies, mission and operations;
- Ability to use operational and statistical research in asset management analysis;
- Ability to use Road Inventory Manual to conduct certifications;
- Ability to read and interpret federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to roadway inventory data;
- General knowledge of accounting principles;
- Thorough knowledge of Indiana Administrative Code and Federal Highway Administrative directives;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Evaluates and analyzes local agencies’ input using statistical analysis for compliance, eligibility and validity;
- Monitor and certify Road Inventory Mileage;
- Supervise and coordinate the training and scheduling for subordinate staff members;
- Supervise the preparation and finalization of the spatial and tabular file for certification;
- Keep abreast of state guidelines and applicable laws related to mileage inventory;
- Develop reports using databases, queries and spatial concepts pertaining to the Annual Mileage Certification;
- Provide technical support and training for inventory system users;
- Contact local officials to assist and answer questions regarding roadway inventory.
This posting will be available on June 16th and the posting will close on June 30th.