Job Title: GIS Analyst/Programmer Intermediate
Job ID: 605913
Apply Before: 01/19/2017
Location: Marion County
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
City/County/St: Indianapolis, Marion County, IN
This position is within the GIS group of Management Information Systems division. The position helps build, support and maintain the enterprose application systems for INDOT. The position’s focus is on development of software solutions that integrate with INDOT’s Geographic Information Systems. The supported systems help create efficiencies within INDOT’s business workflows and manage the agency’s data.
- Work with complex IT/GIS projects encompassing all divisions and districts in INDOT;
- Work with other managers and project team members to develop user requirements, project phases/milestones, deliverables and time constraints;
- Work with GIS software development tools to produce map products and software solutions, including web, desktop and mobile solutions;
- Manage GIS datasets that are base layers for agency wide use and special one-off layers for data analysis requests;
- Assist in managing ArcGIS Server environments;
- Evaluate problems and recommend appropriate systems technology solutions across divisions within the agency;
- Evaluate emerging technology and how it might meet INDOT’s needs;
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Information (RFI.)
- Provide input and assist the MIS management in the planning of fiscal budgets and IT strategic plans for the section and division.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Education (BS desired) in Information Technology or related field;
- Experience (3 years desired) in enterprise data systems and GeoSpatial technologies;
- Working experience with ESRI Products;
- Working experience with .NET development and Microsoft Visual Studio;
Experience with Access and Oracle data sources;
- Understanding of SDLC and experience with all phases of SDLC;
Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access);
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to use considerable judgment in selecting the most pertinent guidelines to follow.
- Must have ability to adhere to procedural guidelines since work impacts most if not all employees in the way of the data systems used daily within INDOT.
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Health Savings Account available with Employer Contribution
- Prescription Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer-funded Retirement Plan
- Deferred Compensation Plan with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Work/life balance: 24 Paid Days Off and 12 Holidays, per year
- Group Life Insurance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
For More information and to apply click HERE.