GIS Supervisor Position
Indiana-American Water Company is seeking a GIS Supervisor to successfully implement, manage, and maintain the development, delivery, operation, and maintenance of GIS for the state. Responsibilities include management of GIS team; gathering, processing, analyzing, and reporting of GIS data; preparing and maintaining databases, GIS client applications, maintaining utility asset records; and using GIS data, applications, and tools to identify and solve problems. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining operational standards and GIS best practices as well as mentoring technicians.
- Implementation of GIS initiatives to include data gathering, processing, maintenance, software implementation and training, workflow integration within and between GIS and various other data systems.
- Database and map updates for new developments, capital improvement projects and other projects.
- Process and migrate data collected from field operations into database
- Perform quality control against all spatial and attribute input and output data
- Assure consistency with companywide standards and practices for data conversion, data maintenance and upgrades, as well as data sharing
- Utilize GIS to identify and solve business problems. Must be able to present and communicate analysis results effectively with well-documented sources and metadata. Analyses may include special assignments or projects of limited scope and cost.
- Provide technical and professional mentoring to less experienced GIS staff.
- Participate in company user committees. Participate in pilot testing phase of upgrades and new product rollouts.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, computer science, engineering or other appropriate business or technical area and/or, at minimum, 5 years experience in GIS, to include configuration and implementation of GIS software and client applications, as well as experience with the analytical and development functions of GIS in a utility environment.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
- Advanced level knowledge of the ESRI suite of GIS software, to include a thorough understanding of the architecture, implementation, and use of ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server, ArcGIS for Mobile, and ArcGIS Online (ArcGIS 10.0 and newer).
- Must be well versed in coordinate systems (to include datum transformations), data editing, network analysis, geocoding techniques, common data formats, data conversion techniques, quality control techniques, database versioning, and authoring/managing GIS web services.
- Ability to create and implement web and mobile based client applications, using applications such as ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Viewer for Flex, and ArcGIS for Mobile.
- Advanced/Expert level knowledge of GPS workflows, technology, and concepts
- Ability to coordinate and provide training to individuals with varying levels of technological and spatial literacy
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-GIS professionals
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office, Notepad ++, and other applicable software and practices
- Intermediate level knowledge of programming/scripting languages, to include two or more of the following: ArcGIS Model Builder, Python, JSON, VB Script, HTML5, SQL, or other applicable
Typical hours of work will be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The position will be located in Greenwood, Indiana.